2014 Big Sur Foragers Festival
Event Schedule and Confirmed Participants 12.4.14
• Friday, January 17, 2014 – “Firestone and Fungus at Big Sur Roadhouse.” David Walker “The Lion” of Firestone-Walker Brewing Co. will be in the building. BBQ: Rain or Shine. Friday, January 17th
o NoBS Chili
o BBQ Brisket
o Baked field peas
o Long-Cooked foraged winter greens
o Roasted Mushrooms
o And of course, Firestone-Walker brew
o $50.00 including beer pairing.
o Reservation seating-no single start time.
o 50-60 people
• Saturday, January 8, 2014 – Wild Mushroom Walk and Talk” at Pfeiffer State Park and at Ventana Inn & Spa, both led by expert foragers. Cost per person is $35.
• Saturday, January 18, 2014 – “Fungus Face-Off” on the deck at Ventana Inn & Spa from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm. Cost per person is $45. A friendly competition among some of the area’s notable chefs featuring chanterelles and other fabulous fungi. Celebrity judges are KGO’s Joel Riddell, Jim Dodge and Wendy Brodie. Attendees can forage with the judges and be part of the process, even learn what the judges look for!
o Attendees also have an opportunity to cast their vote for “People’s Choice”.
o Participating restaurants are: Big Sur Roadhouse, Hyatt Carmel Highlands, Esalen, Big Sur Bakery, Fernwood Resort, Bernardus Lodge, Carmel Valley Ranch and The Restaurant at Ventana.
o Quail and Olive will do an olive oil and vinegar tasting.
o At the “Fungus Face-Off” attendees will be able to purchase “Fun-Gus” related clothing, totes and gifts.
o Wine pairings will be provided by:
Baker & Brian
Mesa del Sol
• This year there will be a wine raffle! Grab a ticket for $10 to win 30 or more bottles of wine in your own wine barrel! Tickets available for purchase at the event.
• A silent auction full of culinary delights, hotel stays, tickets to explore the area, art and so much more will take place during the food and wine sampling. There will be more than 60 items this year!
• Purchase raffle tickets for $5 per ticket of $25 for 6 tickets. Enter to win your choice of 7 culinary delights or hotel packages! Raffle package values begin at $200 to $700! Tickets available for purchase at the event.
• Grand Celebrity Chef Dinner at Ventana Inn & Spa. “Foragers Dinner” at the Restaurant at Ventana beginning at 6:00 pm. The evening will be a very special meal prepared by Ventana’s executive chef Truman Jones. The multi-course dinner, destined to be a memorable feast paired with an incredible wine selection, costs $175.00 per person.
• Sunday, January 18, 2014 – Sunday Brunch at the new Big Sur Roadhouse
Marci Bracco Cain
(831) 747-7455 | Marci@ChatterboxPublicRelations.com