Highway Access, 2/3/17
TWO PHOTOS OF PAUL’S SLIDE (PM 21.6), AND TWO OF MUD CREEK (PM 8.8) RESPECTIVELY, FROM YESTERDAY.
DURING DAYTIME HOURS ONLY:
*All Motorists may travel north on Hwy. 1 from Cambria to Limekiln Creek Bridge (PM 21.3) or south on Hwy. 1 from Carmel to Dolan Pt. (PM 29.70).
11:30 AM – CORRECTION TO ABOVE:
* Due to the temporary stop sign at Paul’s Slide (PM 21.6)…
All Motorists may travel north on Hwy. 1 from Cambria to LUCIA (PM 23) or south on Hwy. 1 from Carmel to Dolan Pt. (PM 29.70).
*We have multiple areas with challenges, the biggest being at:
1) Mud Creek (PM 8.8)—drilling taking place with daytime one-way traffic control (flagging).
2) We have a failed culvert at PM 14.4 but it is now temporarily passable, covered with steel plates, just north of Sand Dollar Beach (PM 13.85).
3) At Paul’s Slide (PM 21.6), we now have a temporary stop sign and one lane accessible to locals only.
4) At Big Creek/Cow Cliffs (28.09/28.35) we have a hard closure due to damaged rock netting and exposed rock fall.
*Locals may travel north today on Hwy. 1 from Cambria to just south of Big Creek Bridge (PM 28)*
The roadway is not passable between Big Creek (PM 28.09) and Dolan Pt. (PM 29.70).
OVERNIGHT CLOSURES: Hwy. 1 will remain closed overnight from Ragged Point (SLO 72.87) to Dolan Pt. (MON. 29.70) .
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Our Maintenance, Geotech and Construction crews continue to work collaboratively and diligently, as much as safely possible in response to these rock/mudslides.
Another update will be provided on Monday morning, Feb. 6, or sooner if conditions change.